Le Dîner En Blanc - Orange County 101
First Edition of the Most Sought-after Secret Event Coming This Fall!
Orange County, CA – September 27, 2017 – From global phenomenon to highly sought-after “secret”, Le Dîner en Blanc will take over one of Orange County’s public spaces on November 2, 2017, for the first ever refine pop-up epicurean event.
Over 100,000 foodies and cultural enthusiasts around the world have already embraced this unique event. As stated very eloquently by the New York Times: “There are picnics and there are Picnics”. This très chic picnic is equal parts mystery tour, pop-up feast and je ne sais quoi! Launched in Paris nearly 30 years ago by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc de Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What began as a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international epicurean sensation in nearly 80 cities in more than 30 countries. While the technology behind the event may has changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful locations.
“We felt Orange County was primed for such a dazzling event as an increase of interest in fine living has been noted over the years,” says Tiffany Brown of WOW Events!, co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc – Orange County, who has been working in the events industry for over 20 years and hopes to make this very first edition a success that will pave the way towards establishing a long-standing tradition.
In essence, Le Dîner en Blanc promotes friendship, elegance and gallantry. Over the course of the evening, guests experience the beauty and value of one their city’s public spaces by participating in the unexpected. To maintain its uniqueness as well as staying true to tradition of Le Dîner en Blanc, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
• To participate in this first edition: guests must be invited via the hosts’ network or participating partners or get on waiting list via orangecounty.dinerenblanc.com/register, by October 26, 2017.
• Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
• Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality and creativity are encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
• Table setting: all white!
• Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
• To ensure that the location secret is kept secret until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by Dîner en Blanc volunteers.
• In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
• A table, two (white) chairs, white tablecloth.
• A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware. o An option to pre-order food, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own picnic baskets. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
For full details on the rules and regulations, please visit orangecounty.dinerenblanc.com/about.
About Dîner en Blanc International
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in nearly 80 cities in more than 30 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info and photos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com. About Le Dîner en Blanc – Orange County Hosts The hosting team of Le Dîner en Blanc – Orange County is composed of Tiffany Brown, Natasha June and the team of WOW! Events, and Brenda Springer and the team at Reveille Inc. For over 14 years, the creative and talented team at WOW! Events has produced thousands extraordinary events, specializing in corporate meetings, and high school and private events, such as birthdays and weddings. Reveille is a California-based marketing and public relations agency that specializes in branding and design, advertising, marketing, public relations, influencer marketing and social media services for consumer, action sports, technology, nonprofit, health care, education and other key industries.
To keep up to date on event announcements:
dinerenblancOC Hashtags: #dinerenblanc #DEBOC2017 #dinerenblancOC
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: